Our popular ASI174MM CMOS Monochrome Imaging Camera is based on the Sony Exmor IMX174 2.35MP sensor with Pregius global shutter technology.
▶Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor separates the ASI174MM from previous ASI models. This type 1/1.2” Sony CMOS image sensor features a 1936 x 1216 array with, 5.86µm pixels in it. It has a lot of advantages when taking high-quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky object images.
- Pregius Global Shutter function with analog memory permits the scanning of all pixels simultaneously. The Sony IMX174’s global shutter function provides improved image quality by making sure images of moving objects avoid focal plane distortion. This is especially helpful when performing solar or lunar imaging. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can alter the image if the readout speed is not quick enough (< 30fps).
- Sony Exmor technology uses column-parallel A/D conversion for high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation.
- ROI, or Region of Interest Mode lets you capture up to 16 areas inside the effective pixels. This ability allows for even higher frame rates.
- High-speed imaging with a max of 164.5 fps at 10-bit ADC, and max of 128.2 fps at 12-bit ADC.
Absolute QE Curve, we estimate the Peak Value is about 77%.
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI174 run at 128 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 164 fps (10bit, high-speed mode) at full resolution(2.35Mega).
ST4 Port: can be used connect with auto guide port of mount, for guiding.
After remove T2 11mm ring, back focus length will be only 6.5mm.